Friday, June 29, 2007

You can tell me by a flower (teacher and proud:)


Every working day I spent some 90 minutes comuting between my home and work. When I am too tired to read on the subway, I sometimes watch people around me and play a silly little game of trying to guess what their job is. I am actually not very good at that - well dressed people are always "manager kind," sleepy people "baker or worker kind" an weird looking "teacher kind." There is one day, though, when I am sure I can tell teachers without any doubt and that day is today - the last day of school. On this day all teachers on the subway have full arms of flowers that they get as a present from their students for yet another year of their work. In the past I have always watched teachers on this day with envy. Today, I proudly drove back home as one of them with roses, lilies and sunflowers on my lap and smiled at all the other "colleagues" in our vagon. I even started to talk to one of them and wished her holidays full of rest ("Dont we deserve it!" we both agreed) I will give out most of the flowers to my mum, Ales´s mother, Olga and my neighbors this afternoon and leave for Israel tomorrow night. All being well, on Sunday morning, I will be davening Shachrit at my makom kavua in the corner of the Conservative Yeshiva.

1 comment:

Adiv said...

I miss my makom kavua. :(

By the way, if you want to know where I got my mug, I'll finally tell you. :)