Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Facebook versus blogs


Every now and then I browse back to my old blog mainly because of the bookmarks I have on it to click on my friend´s blogs to see what is new. Most of the time, I find out that...nothing much. Most of my friends stopped writing on their blogs around a year ago, undoubtedly because all of them have moved to Facebook. What a shame! Yes, I now know who woke up late and who left his work early thanks to the status changes, but where are the decently long elaborate articles that I used to enjoy so much?

While I have been a very frequent user of facebook too (let along Moshe´s unhealthy usage of facebook while he was sick at the beginning of July) I wish to say - yes, but enough is enough. I will try to get back to normal blogging and continuous text. Let´s see if there are still any readers left.-)

2 comments:

Tovah said...

I'm still here! And I like the new picture.

Unknown said...

I don't think you can/should try to resurrect blogging in opposition to facebook. you have to use them synergically. facebook has a huge advantage (and disadvantage to;-) of keeping you up-to-date with hundreds of people, unlike many blogs, that you have to check every once in a while just to find out there's nothing new. (sure, there is RSS, but how many people use it?) at the same time, blogs still have value in more depth than status BS at facebook as you pointed out. so whenever you write a blog, post a link to it to your status in facebook. it tells people about your blog and some may eventually even read it. it still has a glitch though - they will usually comment in facebook, not on the blog where you would want them to... but maybe that's not that bad after all, i don't know...