Sunday, August 19, 2007

My week of fame

Last week the Czech TV broadcasted a documentary film called "Jewish neighbors" dealing with a Jewish museum project called "Lost neignours" and the contemporary Czech Jewery. It was partly shot in our school. Also I had my 10 minutes of fame in it talking about my "Jewish life" and my teaching job. The documentary came out surprisingly well and I was glad to find out that the director very skillfully combined what I said and made it sound sensible. The whole week after the documentary was broadcasted, every time I came to the the JCC somebody turned to me and screamed out - "Hey! I saw you on the telly!" It surprised me because the documentary was broadcasted at 11pm, which is not really the prime time and I thought the only people who would watch it would by my parents and my granny :-). When I already slowly started to enjoy "being a star" on the 7th day after the film was shown, I got a very nasty letter as a reaction to the movie - it was a letter that explained to me how what I said is connected to the sexual practices of the author of the mail. It upsets me the more because I know the author of the letter, a father of 5, very well. Well what should I say. It is hard to be a star...

No comments: