Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Aren´t the kids charming?

When I was applying for my current teaching job, it was not clear at the beginning, which ages I would teach. In the end as much as half of my classes are with elementary school (ages 6-11) Teaching such small kids is a challenge but also a lot of fun. The source of the fun is very often the fact that the kids simply say what they really think at the moment when the thought comes to their mind. If they think it is important, they just say it. After Kaja has informed me I had a mustache last Friday and Simon wandered if the white stuff in my hair was dandruff on Monday (see my previous post,) I thought there was very little that can surprise me more. Alas! I was wrong. Today, Sara(6 years old)came to me in the morning and huged me (as she often does before we start the morning prayer class.) Then she suddenly looked at my chest and said - "Gafna, you know what? You have really, really large brests." Well - awesome, that was sincere. Needless to say I took it as a compliment:-) However, guess I will think twice before I wear my today´s T shirt to school next time.

No comments: