Thursday, July 20, 2006

Quotes from the past couple of days

As some of you know, one of my hobbies is collecting quotes of my friends. On my last year´s blog I had a permanent quote chapter which I kept updating. On this blog, I will have to past the quotes as they come. These are some of the ones of the past couple of days:

-This is why I prefer to work with dead artists over the living ones. The dead simply make much less trouble. (Jana)
-He is such a horrible person! Unfortunately, he is a great chazzan (synagogue prayer leader) too. This is just not fair. If somebody is so horrible, he should be horrible completely. (Yael)
-It always horrifies me to hear that somebody calls themselves a Christian activist. This goes against the logic of the religion. If you ask me, I am a Christian passivist. (Tomáš V.)
- I went to Germany for the Football World Cup. The first match I saw was Ghana v Czech Republic! It was a great match. Actually, I was intending to
cheer for your countrymen, but one of them stole my
sunglasses! (Daniel K.)
- You insist on marrying a Jew so hard that I am sure that in the end you will end up with a half-black Chinese Muslim.(Tomas, my brother)
- Please note that any unattended object or luggage will be systematically destroyed. (announcement at Paris Orly airport - the French speak adorable English)
-Well, I am not impressed by the book. But you are talking to somebody, who rarely reads anything written after the 5th century. (Rabbi Spectre)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, here it is, my passage to the History! finally, finally somebody quoted me online ;)
it was great fun in Troyes, hugs from hot Poland!

Gafna said...

Hi Yael,
I hoped you would get here eventually. I enjoyed Troyes too. Ironically, it is me who has flu now:-( In such a hot weather! Rediculous. (It´s 34 C in Prague now and it seems it will continue to be hoot for at least another week) All the best to Poland.