Monday, September 11, 2006

After the first week. Day six.

Today is Monday, the first day of my second week. I am very tired, obviously:-) I sleep very little, hardly tidy up, cook only very simple food as I spend most of my time getting ready for my classes. Everything else is great, much much better than Ï expecetd it to be. The kids are great, I like teaching, I find sharing Judaism with the kids very meaningful, I enjoy working wïth children despite all the obvious hardships that come with it.

To my great regret, there are many things that I shall not be able to share with you on the web as they often deal with private life of my students. Let me just say that it is truly fascinating to see the kids talk, think and react in the lessons. At the same time it is frustrating to see how much home baggage (home violence, parents with adictions and the like) some of them carry from home even at this very early age.

Anyway. I know this is not a very cheerful post. To cut the long story short - I am very happy and...very tired. And - actually, I am a teacher. For real.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

vcera jsem poslouchal Sto zvirat, pisnicku "Ty vole, na zakladni skole" a vzpomnel jsem si na tebe:-) tak pis dal, jak ucis:-)

Anonymous said...

to jsem byl ja (ondra)

Gafna said...

Ahoj Ondro - já jsem zase před chvilkou slyšela "We dont need no education" Ucim a snazim se nemucit. Doufam, ze to neumuci driv me:-) Píšu tematické plány, je to hodně papírování, no, co nadělám.