Thursday, February 22, 2007

A short report from New York

After a couple of days in New York I thought I would let you know that I am safe and sound. My fundraising trip has been going surprisingly well and I am very thankful for the contributions rabbi Hammerman and I have been able to collect so far. We shall see how it goes for the rest of the trip. As for the more joyful sides to my journey - I spent two delightful days with Marcus Lange, a friend who studies in the rabbinical program at JTS. Among other things he took me for a Judaica shopping trip to Brooklin (hey for the Heimishe Bakery in Borough Park) and helped me to pay my debt from my last New York visit and crossed the Brooklin bridge on foot with me. It was so freezing that the cold killed my camera and I have no pictures from this truly historic event. What a shame.

While I stayed in JTS, I met many of my friends from the Yeshiva, who either study there or date:-) the rabbinical students - Corey, Jenny, Melissa, Jeremy, Ben, Richard, Mike and some of the older students that studied at Machon Schechter last year. Today, I briefly met Seth Pertain, who kindly enough took a picture of the two of us for me to have a proof I am actually in New York. I am not sure this proves anything but I swear there is New York around the car.

No comments: