Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Aviad in Prague and leaving my job

Aviad has just left back home after his 10-day visit in Prague. During his visit, I successfully aspired for the title of "the most terrible host ever." When he came I lost my voice and wasn´t able to speak to him for at least 2 days. For the rest of his stay I worked all the time, had no time to sight see with him, painfully left my Masorti job, during the process of which I kept updating him about all the difficulties and pains connected with it, I hardly cooked, I refused to go to shop to H and M with him (those who know him will see how painful this is) and I forced him, the poor Israeli, to observe Shabbat with me. On the top of it all when he was leaving Prague at the airport, the security people took away from him the Czech Tatar sauce he bought and carried with care and love to the Holy Land. But I hope he enjoyed the stay at least a little bit. I certainly did.

Last week, I decided to leave my Masorti job. I was exhausted and realized I cannot carry on having two jobs any longer. My leaving unfortunately causes many problems in the community because at the moment there is nobody to replace me and this poses some hard questions about the future about the whole kehilah. Well, not nice and very painful.

The striking Prague news apparently is that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are staying for 2 months in the town to shoot a movie called "Wanted." Well - what more could one wish for, right?

No comments: