Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Slowing down


In the process of slowing down, I did something unheard of yesterday: I stopped working already at 8pm, went home and instead of marking essays I went to my neigbours to pay a visit. It was great - we sat on their balcony, ate babovka I brought, they smoked, I talked and it all felt marvelous. They told me they were getting married in September (Mazal tov) and also shared with me their worries about our new Chinese neibours. They claim that they already have a second dog within a very short period of time and that there is a strange smell coming from their flat. They say they keep a kind of chau-chau dog one breeds for meat in China and that they surely ate the first dog with which they moved in. Well - what do you think? Is this at all possible?

No comments: